"Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up.
Who's going to know?" ~Julia Child

This blog is for my fiancee, Robert, who is 1,000 miles away and is always asking me how to make certain things, so he can recreate the dishes I make at home. And for my friends who keep me keep me busy emailing them recipes.

It is a compilation of tried and true, original recipes and new recipes that just look so good I have to try them. :)

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sweet Potato Bake

-1 lg can (40 oz) sweet potatoes, drained
-1/4 c packed brown sugar
-2 tbsp maple syrup
-1 tbsp butter
-1 tbsp milk
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-2 cups mini marshmallows
-1/2 c chopped walnuts (optional, stir into mixture after mixing)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease or spray baking dish or pie pan.
Combine sweet potatoes, brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, milk, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in mixing bowl. Beat with mixer until smooth and creamy.
Pour mixture into baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.


Put marshmallows on the top and bake 5-10 min longer until potatoes are heated through and marshmallows are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment