"Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up.
Who's going to know?" ~Julia Child

This blog is for my fiancee, Robert, who is 1,000 miles away and is always asking me how to make certain things, so he can recreate the dishes I make at home. And for my friends who keep me keep me busy emailing them recipes.

It is a compilation of tried and true, original recipes and new recipes that just look so good I have to try them. :)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

For Rob :) Chicken-n-Rice

Rob loves my chicken-n-rice. I'm always changing the way I make it, but it's never far from the original. Never have any complaints either. Doesn't take much to please him. Even though he is a thousand miles away, he's always the first one I think of when I make it. So this post is for him. :)


Chicken-n-Rice
-3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
-3 c white or brown rice
-2 c chicken stock
-1 c water
-3 tbsp unsalted butter
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1/2 small white onion chopped
-1 stalk celery diced
-1 clove garlic
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese 
-1/4 c black olives sliced
-20 Ritz crackers crushed
-S & P to taste


Melt 2 tbsp butter in sauce pot on med high heat. Stir in rice, and lightly toast about a minute. Add in chicken stock and water, bring to a boil. Cook rice about 5 min. Remove from heat, let cool, pour into a large mixing bowl, and lightly fluff rice.
Saute olive oil, garlic, onion, and celery over medium high heat until veggies are translucent. 
Stir in cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup. If mixture seems too thick, add a splash of water or chicken stock. Bring to a low boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour mixture into the mixing bowl with the rice. In same saute pan, lightly brown chicken. When chicken is golden brown, add to rice mixture. Stir in cheese and black olives.


 Pour mixture into a 13x9 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Top with crushed crackers and dab the remaining tbsp of butter on top of crackers. Bake 15-20 min at 350 or until crackers are golden brown.


Love you Baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment